The new X-Surf 100 is a networking card for all Amiga computers with Zorro slots. In an A2000 or Zorro-daughterboards for the A1200, it will run at Z2 speed. If installed in an A3000, A4000 or the respective tower versions, it will run at Z3 speeds, which is up to five times faster than Z2.
- 100MBit physical link rate
- Sana-II device for use with OS2.0 up to OS3.9
- Linux drivers under development
- space- and power-saving design
- gold plated Zorro contacts and stainless steel metal bracket
- local expansion port for our high-speed USB module "RapidRoad"
Delivery without floppy disk or CD. Drivers must be downloaded from our Wiki. Networking cable not included.
- TCP/IP stack such as Miami, AmiTCP, Genesis (included in OS3.9) or Roadshow
- sufficient RAM and 68020 CPU or higher
- Kickstart/Workbench 2.0 or higher
- file transfer method for drivers downloaded from our website
Transfer rates of over 1600kBytes/s have been measured with the X-Surf-100. Please note that the classic Amiga architecture and the current TCP/IP stacks for the Amiga don't allow saturating a 100MBit Ethernet link. Performance in your system may be slower due to CPU performance and programs running in multitasking.
Please note that we cannot guarantee the X-Surf-100 to work in third-party Zorro boards as used in tower conversions, such as boards made by Eagle, Mikronik, RBM or Elbox. The X-Surf-100 may or may not work in these boards. Although the bus interface is designed to tolerate many mistakes that the vendors of those third-party boards have made, we can only guarantee proper operation in original Commodore daughter boards.Should the card fail to work in such a third-party board, you may have to close the Z2 jumper and downgrade to Z2 speed. For operation in Z3 computers, the Buster-11 chip must be installed.
Owners of the Merlin graphics card must have the latest hardware patches installed. Owners of the Mediator PCI/Zorro daughterboard must close the "swap" jumper.